Top 10 Bars for Quality & Choice of Drinks
…back to Bar Directory
Any marked with ( * ) will take you to our full profile of the bar!
Remember: These are not simply any bars with quality drinks, they feature on European Bar Guide for a combination of reasons which make them among the greatest pubs and bars in Europe!
- T’Brugse Beertje * – Kemelstraat 5, Brugge, Belgium – An absurdly good and wide selection of Belgian beers for such a small bar, and though most are bottled, it hardly matters.
- Delerium Café – Impasse de la Fidélité 4, Bruxelles, Belgium – It could take you an hour to properly read through the directory of beers you can ask to read, almost like a travel brochure. The majority are Belgian and thus very good.
- BierCab – Carrer de Muntaner, 55, 08011 Barcelona, Spain – 32 beers on tap covering so many bases and at such a high median, all displayed via flatscreen above the bar. You simply have to bow down.
- Monk – Rue Sainte-Catherine 42, Bruxelles, Belgium – one of the most exquisitely well chosen selections of Lambics, Sour and Fruit beers anywhere, both in bottle and on tap.
- Senk Na Parkanu * – Veleslavínova 59/4, Plzeň, Czechia – One of the few places on earth serving Pilsner Urquell not just unpasteurised but unfiltered. The beer still arrives via horse drawn carriage from the brewery. If you order anything else you want your head examining.
- Bierwerk * – 9 Unschlittplatz, Nürnberg, Germany – Multi-tap offering a skilful balance between very traditional German beer offerings and modern craft ale.
- Kanguruh * – Bürgerspitalgasse 20, Vienna, Austria – An uncompromising and comprehensive selection of Belgian bottles, along with a choice selection of tapped German beers.
- Strefa Piwa * – Józefa 6, Kraków, Poland – The cream of Polish craft ale on tap, with a varied and well chosen range of guest ales and bottles behind the bar.
- House Of The Trembling Madness – 48 Stonegate, York YO1 8AS – A veritable beer mecca to drink in or takeaway.
- Schlenkerla * – Dominikanerstraße 6, Bamberg, Germany – The best unfiltered rauchbier from the barrel along with beers such as the weizen and doppelbock which are difficult to find elsewhere. The standard is unsurpassed!